Activate an optimized version of the page designed specifically for screen readers.
NYU Libraries - Catalist Data Request Form
Catalist maintains and constantly updates a complete national (50 States, plus the District of Columbia) database of over 280 million registered voters (more than 190 million registered voters and 90 million unregistered adults). Catalist’s advanced web-based application is both the software engine behind, and portal into, our extensive national database. The Q tool enables customers to directly and rapidly query (across states and nationwide), view, visualize, and export a wide range of data points that are synthesized into a standard format from multiple sources. Catalist also provides a 1% national sample for users who wold like to analyze anonymized data offline in a statistical package.
Catalist Data is licensed by NYU Libraries for use only by our patrons.
In order to request access to the Catalist data system, please fill out the following form.
1. I acknowledge that I will access and use the Catalist data only for research purposes.
2. I acknowledge that commercial use of the Cataist Data is strictly prohibited, and that excessive use of, or unapproved access to, the Catalist Data is prohibited, and will result in termination of the User Account (and may result in other disciplinary action being taken by the University)
3. I agree to keep data obtained through Catalist confidential and secure.
4. I acknowledge that the Catalist Data shall not be used as a factor in (i) establishing an individual’s eligibility for credit or insurance, (ii) in connection with underwriting individual insurance, (iii) evaluating an individual for employment or promotions, reassignment or retention as an employee, (iv) in connection with a determination of an individual’s eligibility for a license or other benefit granted by a governmental authority, or (v) for soliciting survivors of deceased persons.
5. I acknowledge that I must comply with
related to their voter registration data.
I affirm that access to raw data for the purposes of validation or peer-review of results, evaluations and analyses is permitted on a case-by-case basis, and publication or re-distribution of Catalist data in aggregate forms must include source attribution.
Your NYU netID: (e.g. sg133)
Full name (first and last):
Your NYU school affiliation:
Arts & Science
NYU Abu Dhabi
No School Affiliation (e.g. university staff, administrator, librarian, etc.)
Consortium (e.g. New School, Cooper, NYSID, HIstorical Societies)
Other external (e.g. FRN, Columbia, NYPL, etc.)
Your status at NYU:
Graduate - Masters
Graduate - Doctoral
Undergraduate - Freshman
Undergraduate - Sophomore
Undergraduate - Junior
Undergraduate - Senior
Visiting Scholar / Scholar in Residence
Friends of Bobst Library member
Your NYU department, program, center, or institute:
I am interested in:
Access to the Catalyst "Q tool" for analysis of the compete Catalist data
Access to the anonymized 1% national sample for offline analysis in a statistical package
When you submit this form, it will be sent to an NYU librarian who will contact you via email (using the netID you entered above) with instructions on accessing the datasets.
If you have any questions, you may contact NYU Data Services at
Powered by Qualtrics